Saturday, December 20, 2008

Change is in the Air

Besides the inches of snow and school cancellations, we are excited about more changes in our life. I mentioned those "changes" in a previous post and how they were going to make Brandon and I very busy. I thought it was funny how many of you thought I was pregnant. That would only make me busy :)HA!.... We aren't expanding our family, but we are expanding our living space. We bought a new home. Well, it was built in 1975 and it looks like this. Yep, it was a foreclosure that was gutted by the previous owners. So, have no fear, we won't be moving any time soon. We have quite a bit of renovation to do. We are hoping to be moved in by March 1st. And sadly, it is out of the ward. It's only a few miles away, but in another ward. Today, Brandon's talented crew did this.

That is the hole in the roof where a hideous fireplace used to be. It was more like a mountain in the middle of the kitchen/family room. I'm a little nervous about the snow that was dripping into the house, but Brandon reassured me that it would be fine. Cabinets have been ordered, floors are on their way, so...stay tuned for more pictures of the remodel.

I'm pretty sure we seem crazy for doing this, but we love it. As previous recipients of the Henderson Beautification Commision Award (for our last house remodel), we are excited to have this fun project to work on for the next few months.

8 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Wow, you will be BUSY!!! Are you planning to live in the new house when it's done?

Mason clan 5 said...

Looks like fun! I am excited to see picture of this house. I love see ugly house turn into gorgous houses.

Michelle Campbell said...

That is really cool Natalie. You guys are amazing and so talented, and I'm sure the house will be unbelievable when you are all done. Can't wait to see more ugly pics. haha. My parents will miss you guys in their ward. Where is the house? Which ward will you be in? Have fun with your project, and have a merry christmas!

Aranne and Dan said...

Can't believe you guys are leaving the ward... actually I can, everyone seems to come and go from Palo Verde?! We will miss you but I am sure this will be a fun project for you guys and the house will turn out great. Good luck and congrats on the purchase!

Mer said...

Yeah!!!! I hope you are in our ward!!

The Cecil's said...

I'm so excited for you guys too! I can't believe how much space you're getting! It's really going to be nice! Congratulations.

The Hardy's said...

I am so excited for your family, but SOOOO sad at the same time! We will really miss having you in our ward.

Emily said...

You guys were 'recipients of the Henderson Beautification Commision Award'?! Very impressive, indeed!

You guys are totally inspirational.

Good Work!