Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lucky 13


Today Brandon and I celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful October day. We can't remember what time we were married that morning in the Las Vegas Temple, but I know that our reception was from 6-8pm (so we could leave early). Our reception was outside at the Henderson Civic Center Plaza (which no longer exists). It was an evening of family, friends, food and music. Good times!!!
So, in honor of that young boy I married, here's 13 reasons why I married him and am still married to him.
1. We have a lot in common.
2. He has brown hair and blue eyes (you have to have cute kids!)
3. I knew he'd be a good dad.
4. He is a good dad.
5. He is witty and funny.
6. He is a good cook.
7. My family loves him.
8. He is a hard worker. The hardest working person I know.
9. He has no enemies.
10. He is a people-person. He'll talk to anyone.
11. I love his hands. They are man-ly!
12. He has long eyelashes.
13. He is my best friend.
So, here's to lucky number 13. I can't wait for the next 13. I love you, Brandon.

4 comments:

Michelle Campbell said...

Oh Nat! That seemed like yesterday. I remember when Clint and I had our wedding originally planned for Oct. 28th, and your mom called my mom worried about us and you guys having it on the same day. haha. We decided to move it up before her phone call though, and she didn't know that yet. Fun memories. You guys look so cute in those pics. You were beautiful then and are even more beautiful now! Loved the dress! I'm so glad you guys have been and still are so happy! Congrats on your 13 years of bliss and I hope you have 13 more, even better, years!

Rachel McEwen said...

Wow! 13 years! I loved seeing your wedding pictures. You two look so young. Not that you don't look young now, but you know what I mean.

Rebecca and Co. said...

We also celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary! (In August) I guess 1995 was a good year. You both look so beautiful. When I look at wedding pictures of Bryce and me, I think we look basically the same but people always freak out about how young we look. LOL

Here's to many, many more years! Happy anniversary!

A New Decade of Health said...

You totally took my idea! But that's okay, I only came up with 11 reasons. I'm sure it's lucky 13. I can't believe it's been that long. My favorite memory is Tyler and Kyle walking around drinking the sparkling cider. Oh and that mission companion of Brandon's from Idaho? What was his name?