Thursday, April 9, 2009

Welcome to Our Home



Finally I'm posting the "after" pictures of our new home. I love this house, I just wish it was in our old neighborhood. Just kidding, I'm sure I'll like the new neighborhood, soon :).

First, the front doors with a new coat of paint. I wished we could have bought new front doors, maybe later.

Second, the living room. I love this room. It's just for my piano and my two pretty chairs. I also love my secretary with my collection of old books.

Third, is the kitchen. Everything is so cool! The only thing missing is the walnut butcher-block counter top for the island. The first one came in cracked, the second one got dinged by the forklift, hopefully the third one will be nice. Below is the pantry. It is so big, it holds all our dry food and food storage. I painted the door with chalkboard paint. The kids love it.

This room, I call the Gathering Room. The sitting area has a sectional I found on craigslist. The small table is used for homework, maybe eating if we have family over. The kids love eating at the "bar". The game room is in the background with a huge lovesac, I also found on craigslist for $50. What a deal!!!
This is the laundry room/mud room that comes in off the garage. I have always wanted a mud room. Now, if I could only park in the garage, this would be our main entrance. Each of the kids has a a cubby for their shoes and backpacks. Hopefully, they will learn to put it all there.
The first picture is of the guest bath. I'm trying to keep my kids from using it. The next picture is Dallin's (or the back bath). It's off the the laundry room, and right next to his bedroom.

Here is the master bath. Maybe I should have cleaned off the counter before I took the picture. Oh well. I love the marble floors and countertop in here. The marble continues into the double walk in shower. There used to be a small shower and corner tub, but we tore it out for the big shower. It's also known as "the cave".

We are lucky enough to have a bonus room off the master bedroom. So...here sits our exercise room, just waiting for someone to exercise in it. :)
The slate tile on the back patio was just finished. I love it. I wanted slate in the house, but Brandon thought it would look better outside. It does.I don't know why the trampoline got top priority....but we had it dug in the ground last week. It will look nice with grass around it. Someday.
It's fun to scroll back through the "before" pictures. What a difference! Feel free to stop by for a tour, anytime.

9 comments:

Mason clan 5 said...

wow it looks really nice. So are you in the Heritage ward?

Megan Shady said...

I love the new house! Can't wait to see it in person...one of these days I'll make it back to Henderson for a visit.

The Hardy's said...

Everything is BEAUTIFUL! I love the front doors. They look so fresh and new.

Aranne and Dan said...

house looks great... Miss you guys and Dan for sure misses Dallin in scouts... I am sure you will make great friends in the new ward and remember we aren't that far away!

FoReVeR WeLcH said...

Yes.. Greg LOVES his puppy... what i DONT love is him thinking he can put him in our bed at night.. now the pup whines and whines if Greg doesnt let him up! Grrrrrrr
As for my calling... drum roll pleeeaaassseeeee......... NURSERY! hahahaha... i KNOW u didnt expect that right??????
All i can say is WOW.. LOVE your new home! LOVE the kitchen.. the shower.. to die for! a mud room.. how cool is that! The first time Thomas came home from being over there he went on and one about how beautiful it was and the bathroom... he said was sooo cool!

The Cecil's said...

Ugh... you're so spoiled! It's beautiful! I want one!!!

in response you your comment left on my page..., what you don't let your children play with knifes?

Mer said...

Love the house Natalie!! You will start liking it up there it just might take time:)

Rebecca and Co. said...

It is gorgeous, Natalie.

Michelle Campbell said...

Wow! I absolutely love it! You guys are set! What a fortunate blessing it is to have a hubby that does everything! haha. You decorated it like a model home... You are extrordinarily talented, girl! Way to go. Congrats on your new home. So fun!!