Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Sue H. Morrow or John Dooley

I can't seem to make a choice. I should be lucky I have a choice. We are zoned for Dooley, but I love Sue Morrow. I'm sure I can get a zone variance.

Sue Morrow
Pros:
year round ( I don't mind it)
later start time 9:00am
friends
PTA relationship

Cons:
farther distance than Dooley (would have to drive)
having to get a zone variance
not attending school with ward kids


John Dooley
Pros:
close distance (to ride bikes or walk)
9 month - kids all on same schedule
attending school with ward kids
small school population and class size

Cons:
early start time 8:00am
9 month - all kids home all summer
not knowing anyone

6 comments:

Rachel McEwen said...

i think that i would go to Dooley. Reading the cons of Dooley compared to sue morrow it just sounds like dooley would be better. i would love to be in walking distance to school. plus, you want to go to school with ward members and don't forget the best thing about dooley is the small class sizes:)

The Hardy's said...

I've thought about having Evan go to Dooley too because I think it is a choice school for Robert Taylor. We still haven't found out what we're doing. I've done everything on our end that I can think of doing - even a zone variance just in case. I hate being in limbo about where he'll go. I want him to go to some sort of kindergarten roundup too and I'm not sure how that will work. Good luck on your end.

FoReVeR WeLcH said...

ummm you should STAY at Morrow.. oh wait.. we wont be there next year... ummm WHY didnt we have a say in whether you stayed in the Palo Verde Ward DANGIT!

Mer said...

Well, Sue Morrow is a great school and you can't down play the great PTA relationships you have there!!! I would not be mad if you did go to Dooley because I am afraid that you are leaning in that direction:) Just know you would be terribly missed!!

The Covie said...

Hi Natalie
I saw your blog on Rebecca Jones's list and your new house is beautiful! We just moved recently too into Boulder Creek but my son goes to Morrow and I love it there so we are trying to get a variance for next year. I really like the year round and plus he has already been established there for 4 years. I think you should stay at Morrow but at least you're not zoned for Fay Galloway (like we are) which seems so far away from our house. Good Luck!

Michelle Campbell said...

Tough choice girl. Personally, I have totally LOVED being so close to a school that the kids can walk to it. It's wonderful (especially when they forget things and need me to run them to the school.... I can literally 'run') :)