Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another November Birthday

My family has many, many birthdays in November. Today is Cody's 9th birthday. He thinks it's pretty cool that his birthday is also Veteran's Day. He doesn't think its so cool that he now has to share his birthday with his new cousin that was born this morning, Harbor Ashby Cecil. I'm sure he'll get over it. Here I am, 7 days past my due date. I was huge! I was finally induced at midnight, taken off pitocin after 12 hours....nothing. I got up to walk around and my water broke in the hallway. Instant pain.....epidural....... nap....... birth at 5:56pm. Cody was my biggest baby at 8lbs 6oz. He was a very hairy baby ( and, no, I didn't have ANY heartburn.) They shampooed his hair before I even got to hold him. We were so happy to have Cody in our family. It took over a year to get pregnant with him, so we were very anxious for him to come.Happy Birthday Cody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We took advantage of the long weekend at went to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Wild Animal Park. We were on our cruise for Mason's birthday, we had to go somewhere for Cody's birthday. Oh, there were 2 lion cubs at the Wild Animal Park that were celebrating their 1st birthday today, too. They had a pinata in their habitat. It was cute.

1 comment:

A New Decade of Health said...

Hope Cody had a good birthday!