Saturday night I scored FREE tickets to see Bette Midler at Caesars Palace. I have always liked her and her music. I've loved her movies (Beaches, Big Business, Hocus Pocus). So Brandon and I ventured out to the Strip. Our seats were on the 3rd Mezzanine, way up high. Before we sat down, the usher asked us if we wanted 2 open seats in the Orchestra section. YEAH! We were so close. I was so excited.In the first 15 minutes of the show, the Divine Miss M dropped 4 f-bombs. That's right, 4!! I was shocked. I couldn't make myself even clap for her. Despite the potty mouth, the show wasn't even that great. There was an act with wheelchair dancing. It was really dumb. So, I sat there not happy just waiting for her to dissapoint me again so I could get up and leave. Lo and behold, she did it again! We left before the show was over. I hope she saw me walk out.
As soon as I got home, I jumped on line and got her address. I'm going to write her a letter! This is what it will say:
Dear Bette,
I attended your show recently in Las Vegas. I want you to know that I was deeply offended by your language during the show. I completely expected to see you shine. I was anticipating hearing some of your amazing songs. Instead, I heard language that made me very uncomfortable. I know that the audience that night was full of local educators and also some children. I feel that that kind of language was very inappropriate for that audience. Nowhere on your website, does it say that your show is inappropriate for children. It even say "children under 2 are free". I would be embarrassed if I took my 3 year old daughter to your show. I understand that this is Vegas, but an early performance (7:30pm) shouldn't contain the foul language that your show contained. I have seen many shows on the Strip, but none of them dissapointed me the way yours did. I'm very sorry that I have now lost a bit of respect for one of my favorite singers.
Sincerely,
A dissapointed fan
After leaving the theater feeling dissapointed, we drove down the Strip. All I saw was evil! I hate going down there at night. I love being sheltered in Henderson. As we drove past the Flamingo, I saw this on the side of the hotel:
Maybe there is hope for the Las Vegas Strip. I might go see this one. They probably won't swear.
4 comments:
Good Job for walking out!! You guys are great examples!
Donny and Marie (hopefully) will not disappoint! :)
Ugh, isn't it awful to be assaulted with bad language? I went to a play with Bryce at UNLV and the language (and pretty much everything else) was so bad we had to walk out. I wouldn't have thought Bette Midler's show would use such filthy language. Good thing you left or who knows how much worse it could have gotten.
Your letter is great. Send it.
Good for you!!!!! This kind of stuff erks me!!!! your letter is PERFECT !!! There SHOULD be some kind of warning with stuff like that or children under the age of 18 shouldnt be allowed... SOMETHING!
Amen, Sista!!! I felt the same way about the strip last night when we went to see the Lance Burton show. We walked outside and all I saw was evil.
I want to see Donny and Marie too.
Post a Comment