Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Am I Really This Old?

Tonight was not a fun milestone in my life. I attended the Middle School Open House with Dallin. Do I really have a child old enough to be going to Middle School? With my 33rd birthday approaching soon, nights like tonight remind me that my mid 30's are coming and going way to fast.


If I remember correctly, I hated middle school. (Why do they call it middle school now instead of Jr. High?) Due to a few uncontrollable circumstances, 6th-8th grade was pretty much the worst years of my life. I would redo High School in a heartbeat, but never jr. high.


Dallin doesn't seem to be nervous, but he keeps saying " I can't believe I'm starting middle school in * days!!" The only thing he's concerned about is opening his locker. We bought him a combination lock to practice at home. But, lo and behold, the school lockers are different! We practiced at open house, and I hope he'll be able to open it on Monday.


Dallin is a good kid. He doesn't seem to care what others think about him or say about him. He makes friends easily and is friends with everyone. He can get a bit fired up and defensive, so Brandon is afraid he'll come home one day beat up from a fight. I hope not.


So, good luck, Dallin, on Monday. I hope your middle school years are a million times better than mine.

Dallin's first day of Kindergarten, oh so many years ago.

5 comments:

Rachel McEwen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel McEwen said...

Wow! that is crazy that he is in middle school...but you are not old:) Good luck Dallin!

Mer said...

Hey Natalie-
I am sorry for my crazy blog. That is my life!! How did you like the barbeque last night? Randy went to it with Cameron. I am still having a hard time letting go of Cam so I couldn't bring myself to go last night. By the way, we are not OLD!
See you Friday.
Merridee

A New Decade of Health said...

Hey, the mid 30's aren't that bad. (I keep telling myself that) Dallin will do great!

Rebecca and Co. said...

I'll bet D. will love middle school. He is such an outgoing guy.