Well, I think I'm done recovering from our week long cruise vacation. I think I'm caught up on sleep and the ground isn't moving anymore. Laundry is done and I'm ready to blog!

Our family, and Grandma and Grandpa Cecil, went on a 4 day Baja Mexico Cruise. Yep, we took the kids out of school for a week. Here's a picture getting on the ship, when the kids still liked being around each other. Mason and Grandpa Cecil celebrated their birthdays on the ship on Tuesday. We got dressed up and ate in the fancy dining room. We realized we need to teach the kids some manners.



Our first port of call was Catalina. We rented golf carts and explored the island on our own. FUN!!!! Brandon got a little crazy on his golf cart with the boys, but they enjoyed it. The boys went snorkeling in Descano Bay and we did some shopping. The cruise ship was anchored off shore so we had to take a small boat ashore. It was very interesting how they just opened up a door on the side of the ship and we hopped in a small boat.



Our next port of call was Ensenada Mexico. It was as ghetto as I thought it would be. The kids thought it was amazing that they were in another country. They got a Mexican soda and we hopped on a shuttle bus (with an insane driver named Meno) and drove really fast to La Bufadora, a blowhole. The blow hole was pretty cool until I got drenched by it. We bought some crappy souveniers (Nacho Libre mask, luchador wrestling guys, guitars, a bull whip that wasn't allowed back on the ship, and some leather sandals) ate some tacos and headed for the horseback riding tour.


Thursday was spent all day on the ship. We swam, hung out by the pool, had ice cream cones, played mini golf, had ice cream cones, launched water balloons, had ice cream cones, and sent the kids to the Camp Carnival while the grown ups ate in the dining room again. Our waiters all week were Igor from Macedonia and a girl from Serbia that talked in a deep voice and was kind of scary.
We ate "new" foods, saw Vegas-style shows every night, stayed up late (10:00pm), danced in a night club, played the slot machines (Brandon made me do it), and had an amazing week. The 24 hour buffet and all-you-can-eat ice cream was definatly the highlight for the boys. I think Grandma and Grandpa are going to need some time to recover from us, but we are glad they came. I thought it was funny that my dad and I kept ordering the same foods. We are more alike than I thought. I would highly recommend this cruise for your next family vacation. We were all kind of sick of each other on the way home on Friday, but we are better now. 


6 comments:
Wow, your cruise looks like it was awesome! I loved your description of it (esp. the crappy souveniers, LOL). You are so funny. Welcome home!
Loved all the pics. Glad you had fun and at lots of ice cream! You are getting adventurous in your old age! Did ya win on the slots?
Your finally back!! What a fun vacation and I am sure it was fun to have your parents along for a little bonding time :)
Looks & sounds like you guys had a great time! So sorry that we weren't able to hook up while you were in California, hopefully next time. P.S. Your kids are adorable!
It sounds like you all had a blast! Thanks for the little pick me up comment on my blog. I'm glad you are all enjoying "Charlie bit my finger". It definitely gives you a little something to laugh about.
Hey gambler....what's next....a tatoo?!?! haha. Kidding! I've gone on this cruise twice and loved it. I am super impressed you took the kids. You're a good mom!
Post a Comment