I am not at all a spontaneous person, but when Brandons fishing trip with the boys that was planned for last weekend, fell through, we decided Saturday morning to all go "camping" for the weekend. I say "camping" because its not really "camping" when you have a trailer with full hook ups and the place where you are staying is called a resort. Anyways....it's my kind of camping. We borrowed Jason and Kelly's trailer and went over the hump to Pahrump to Terribles Lakeside RV Resort. It truly is an oasis. A man-made lake for fishing, paddle boats, kayaks, a swimming pool, grass and trees everywhere, nice bathrooms, and it's about 10 degrees cooler. The lake is stocked with bass, but Mason was the only one to catch anything. On Saturday, he caught a 9" bass. And, of course, Brandon had gone to the convienence store for ice cream, I had no camera, and we had to figure out how to "release" the fish. Me, Mason or Cody didn't want to touch the fish to pull the hook out, so a by-stander came and pulled the hook out of the poor, suffocating fish. I'm pretty sure it was still alive by the time we got it back in the water. Mason didn't stop smiling the whole trip.


Sydney and I shared the Barbie fishing pole. It was the best! It never got snagged.

This is pretty much what Brandon does the whole time.
Untangle the boys' lines.

The Angler!!!

This is how I enjoyed myself.
2 comments:
That looks like a fun family vacation. You have an adorable family. I love being able to see what everyone is up to. Having fun with PTA?
I love your spontaneous adventure! It looks like you had a great time. I love that you and Sydney share the Barbie fishing pole. So cute.
Post a Comment