Sunday, September 28, 2008

'Tis the Season

The end of September brings.....


...Soccer season for Mason. He scored 6 goals yesterday!! Ya, there's no goalie, but he still smoked everyone else. Go Mason #4!!!!

...Halloween Decorations. This spider is the kids' favorite Halloween decoration. It falls down when it senses motion. So if you come in our front door, bEwAre!!!

...and


...Wild Game Dinner. Brandon's co-worker, Rick, hosts a Wild Game dinner every year. Last night was time for it again. This year's menu included: Lobster Macaroni, Moose Meatballs, Elk Chops, Ostrich steaks, Kangaroo Pot Pie, Wild Boar, Greek Turkey, Pheasant Stew, Rocky Mountain Oysters (not seafood), Buffalo, Sweet Breads (not what you think), Halibut, Shrimp Ceviche, Wall Eye, and Mashed Potatoes. I tried the Pheasant, Wild Boar, and Ostrich. Not a fan!





5 comments:

A New Decade of Health said...

Sounds Yummy! I'm impressed with what you tried! I'm a slacker and haven't done a soccer post yet! I keep forgetting my camera on Saturdays!

CA Cecils said...

I know what rocky mountain oysters are, but what are sweet breads? Probably something as gross as the rest of the menu.

Rebecca and Co. said...

With sports and Halloween stuff, it looks like you're celebrating Fall. (I like that spider!) Your dinner sounds . . . adventurous. LOL

FoReVeR WeLcH said...

So i HAD to tell you..... The kids were going to get pizza Saturday night and they get out of your truck.. which mind you Thomas was ohhhhhhh so impressed with your truck! So they get out and Thomas feels this HAND grab his and he looks down to your precious little girl saying.... "Thomas my Daddy holds my hand.. will you hold my hand?" Does that get ANY sweeter?????? She is sooooo adorable!

Aranne and Dan said...

You are a much braver woman that me. I would have had nothing to eat that night... Good for you for trying new things!